Wednesday 22 February 2012

Supplementary Reading

So I've been busy ok? I got a little overzealous with with the two posts in one week thing. Tuckered me right out! I'll be posting hopefully next week once we arrive in Jaipur and are living with our host families. We just finished up in Mysore, and took a 30 hour train from Hydrabad to Varanasi (current location). I'm in a colourful internet cafe looking out onto narrow cobblestone streets meant for pedestrians though I've seen them shared with motorcycles, carts and my personal favourite; water-buffalo (a surprisingly hairy creature).  I'm just a few steps from the Ganges though judging by the glowing fever showing up on my skin, the hour I spent down their in the sun is probably enough for today. We're going on a riverboat ride tomorrow morning on the Ganges to catch the sunrise. 

Anyway, my blog has no pictures and is a little sparse as of right now. Here are some of my friends blogs if you're interested! I think some of them have been keeping up with this blog thing better than me :)

uogindia2012.tumblr.com
eringlenys.wordpress.com

Oh we are also on the UoG and Cannon websites!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kat,
    A water buffalo? Yeah, that is something I don't see everyday and I didn't realize that they were "hairy creatures"! You are funny!
    Take care of your skin but don't worry, I heard that the sun is healing in India or something like that!

    Take care,
    Rachel

    PS Happy Birday if I don't post before the 10th!

    ReplyDelete