Friday 30 March 2012

Who cares about that, lets here some cow stories!

So I guess I accidentally deleted one of my posts. It was short and sweet and related to cows so what more could you really ask for?

Well, here goes. When I was in Varanasi with my other dairy farmer friend (Stacie) we were sauntering carelessly down one of those picturesque cobblestone alleys when we saw two heifers. Aw yeah. Cows. I love those guys! (the word for cow in Hindi is 'gui') (so that was a pun) (it still wasn't that good). Anyway, these heifers had that glint in their eyes that was full of manic excitement (you know that look they get)- well to be fair I guess I really couldn't see their eyes because they were charging at us. One special thing about Indian heifers- they are not dehorned. At this point my mind flicked to the wise words of Dennis Martin 'never get between a cow and a wall, always have an exit plan' and with that I grabbed Stacie's arm and took our only exit- back out the other end of the alley. We just looked like such terrified tourists- mostly because we were! We managed to make it out to the end about a second before the cows did, they took a wide turn (cows are terrible at cornering) and managed to miss us. Anyway, that was hilariously humiliating, but the shopkeeper at the end of the alley got quite a kick out of it. Good for him- at least we were alive. So yes, that's my dangerous cow story. Otherwise the cows have been everywhere, docile (even the bulls at the train stations, like in the train stations) and content with chewing on whatever cardboard they can get their massive tongues on.

Ok, back to studying.

Happy Maple Syrup Festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment